Wed Pm Worship
Text: Matt 7:13-29 (King James Version)
"Father, I am your servant, willing and desiring to be used to bless your people."
The Fields are white and the laborers are
2. C.H. Spurgeon said, "If God does not save a man by truth he certainly will not save them by lies, and if the old gospel is not competent to work a revival, then we will do without the revival;
I don't believe God ever does anything prior to warnings! He Warned in the Days of Sodom and Gomorrah, for the sake of Lot. He warned in the days of Noah, He warned in the days of Jonah. He is Warning tonight Judgment is about to fall. For the most part the Church has no real passion, concern or Burden for the Lost on which it is about to fall!
I believe we are living in the last days as we know them here on planet Earth and I believe God is stirring up his people with His passion for the Lost!
Equipping us with his purpose to reach the Lost at All cost!
(Matthew 9:35-38) "Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."
* Jesus was
moved with compassion for the crowds of people that were lost and hurting.
* The harvest Jesus is talking about is not a harvest of wheat, but of lost souls.
* What happens when there is more work to be done than workers? The harvest goes bad.
* God wants us to be those workers who will go and reach out to the lost with His love!
One of the most important things that Jesus wants us to pray for is the harvest of lost, hurting and broken souls.
1st We know according to the word of God it is not his will for any to perish!
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Our hearts has got to be on the same page as God! Beats with the same compassion and a real Burden for what's about to happen.
Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Matthew 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
The time is real and the time is now or never!
Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Ephesians 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Ephesians 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Ephesians 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Ezekiel 33:2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say
unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land
take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:
I believe God is about to bring a sword upon this land very quickly!
And we are suppose to be the Watchmen!
Ezekiel 33:3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
Ezekiel 33:4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.
Ezekiel 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.
We Must be busy and make the absolute most of the time we have left!
Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
In doing so we will stand between THE LIVING AND THE DEAD:
You are either alive in Christ or you are dead in trespasses! God is looking for a man or woman to stand in the gap like in (Numbers 16:44-48).
"44 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 45 "Get away
from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment." And they
fell on their faces. 46 So Moses said to Aaron, "Take a censer and put fire in
it from the altar, put incense on it, and take it quickly to the congregation
and make atonement for them; for wrath has gone out from the Lord. The plague
has begun." 47 Then Aaron took it as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of
the assembly; and already the plague had begun among the people. So he put in
the incense and made atonement for the people. 48 And he stood
between the dead and the living; so the plague was stopped."
* The people opposing Moses were opposing God and His law = most people are doing the same thing today.
* Because of people's rebellion against God, they are dying from the plague of sin.
* Moses and Aaron as the people of God had to choose: let the people die in their sins, or step in and do something. Because of their compassion, they did something.
* Aaron represents an intercessor - he stood in the gap between the dead and the living.
* Jesus wants us to pray for the harvest - pray for their salvation, then tell them the Gospel!
* "So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one." (Ezekiel 22:30).
* In Ezekiel's day, there was no passion for the harvest, no care for the broken and hurting.
* Are there those today who are willing to sacrifice and stand in the gap?
* If we want to make a difference in the world, we need fresh filling from Heaven * We need to 'run to the midst of where the people are!
* We need to pray for the Lord to give us a passion for the harvest.
"Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!" (John 4:4-35).
* What is Jesus saying here? The harvest is RIPE! It's time to get busy bringing it in.
* He said, "Open your eyes to the needs of the people around you! Stir up your passion!"
* Church isn't just about us getting our needs met..
Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
Matthew 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Matthew 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
The prayer was no sooner prayed than it was answered. The very next verse
And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power
against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness
and all manner of disease..
* Jesus told His disciples to pray for workers, and then to go and be those workers.
"He who gathers in summer is a wise son; He who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame." (Prov. 10:5).
* It is harvest time! Do you want to be a wise son, or one who causes shame?
"Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest." (Psalm 126:5-6).
* Harvesting is hard work! But when we invest in prayers & sacrifice, there is joy!
* This is why we did our VBS last week - 40 kids saved!
* This is why we are going to Costa Rica - to share God's love with others
* This is what we must all be doing in our lives on a regular basis.
* Prayer for the harvest - challenge to go out into the harvest fields and share God's love.
"Now it came to pass, as Jesus was praying in a certain
place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to
pray." (Luke 11:1).
The only way to be used of God is to be Empty of Self. God will only put FRESH OIL IN EMPTY VESSELS:
* Elisha was a mighty prophet of the Lord, the successor to Elijah.
Were all familiar with this story in (2 Kings 4:1-6).
"1 A certain woman of the wives of the sons of the
prophets cried out to Elisha, saying, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you
know that your servant feared the Lord. And the creditor is coming to take my
two sons to be his slaves."
2 So Elisha said to her, "What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?" And she said, "Your maidservant has nothing in the house but a jar of oil."
3 Then he said, "Go, borrow vessels from everywhere, from all your neighbors--empty vessels; do not gather just a few.
4 And when you have come in, you shall shut the door behind you and your sons; then pour it into all those vessels, and set aside the full ones."
5 So she went from him and shut the door behind her and her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured it out.
/6 Now it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that
she said to her son, "Bring me another vessel." And he said to her, "There is not another vessel." So the oil
These are SYMBOLS of a future time:
In Acts 9:15 we see Vessels as people ( "he is a chosen vessel for me.")
Oil is a symbol of the Holy Spirit (in 1 Sam. 16:23 - " Samuel anointed David with oil, Holy Spirit came on him")
* People in the world are empty, lost, hurting and broken without Jesus
* God wants to anoint us with the Holy Spirit so that we can reach out to them.
* The oil of the Holy Spirit isn't just so we're the only ones being !
* If we stop reaching out to the lost as (empty vessels), the oil will stop flowing!