Sun Am Worship
Text: Matt 11:1-15 (King James Version)
"Father, I am your servant, willing and desiring to be used to bless your people."
Subject: The Anointing of the Holy Spirit!
INTRO.- ILL.- Two elderly women were out driving in a large car and both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red but they just went on through. The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself "I must be losing it, I could have sworn we just went through a red light."
After a few more minutes they came to another intersection and the light was red again and again they went right through. This time the woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red but was really concerned that she was losing it. She was getting nervous and decided to pay very close attention to the road and the next intersection to see what was going on.
At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was definitely red and they went right through and she turned to the other woman and said, "Mildred! Did you know we just ran through three red lights in a row! You could have killed us!" Mildred turned to her and said, "Oh, am I driving?"
Brothers and sisters, the way things are going in our world and country we wonder who's driving or if anyone is driving at all.
We live in a world of unrest and untruth. Turn on the TV and listen to the news. Read it in the paper. It's everywhere.
Introduction: I believe the True Christians of God are under an all out attack by the power of darkness as never before.
* It appears we are not winning the battle as we should and could.
Let me drop in a Scripture here, "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
Note: Since the time John began preaching, the response had been violent, whether by vicious opponents or enthusiastic supporters.
Why are we under such a tremendous assault from the enemy?
* Satan knows he has a limited amount of time to do his dirty work! Rev. 12:12
* Satan intends to deface and destroy God's crowning Achievement > Man!
* Truly Blood-bought / Truly Born Again by the Holy Spirit people are God's "Last Line Of Defense!"
* The True People Of God are the "Anointed of God!"
2 Cor. 1:21 "Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed (Commissioned) us, is God;"
1 John 2:20 "But ye have an (Anointing) unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things."
* Satan doesn't want Christians to find out what they can do and who they are in Christ!
* In Isaiah 10:27 we are told the "Anointing" breaks the yoke of bondage!
* To be Anointed simply means ‘consecrated', or ‘set apart', for service.
* When someone was anointed they had been ‘Selected' for a position.
* Usually this anointing was to appoint kings & priests.
* The ANOINTING is an ASSIGNMENT, but in order to fulfill the ASSIGNMENT, there must be an ALIGNMENT!
* Being Born Again (John 3) of the Holy Spirit is an Assignment for Service!
IGNITING THE POWER OF GOD (Is there not a cause?) 1Sam. 17:29
* Notice what Jesus said in Luke 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed Me . . . " - "Because!"
* The "Anointing" of Jesus came Because' He was the Son of God - The Savior. / Because of WHO HE WAS! / The Time was Right! / He was in the Right Place!
* True Christians are Priests and Kings unto God! / Rev. 1:5-6
* I think we have made the mistake of thinking that the outstanding experiences of the valiant people within the pages of the Bible are nothing more that just stories to be read. (People just like you and I!)
THE TRANSFORMING EFFECT OF THE ANOINTING!
* (1 Samuel 16 - 17) David was a ‘Shepherd', The only socially lower class of people were lepers.
* David was a nobody that nobody noticed.
* David was even overlooked by his own family.
* But everything changed the moment David was Anointed!
* David's life was TRANSFORMED!
* These things actually happened to real people just like you and I!
Note: Truly being ‘Born Again' is a transforming experience!
* 2 Cor. 5:17 "What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!" NLT
* 1 Cor. 1:27 "Instead, God deliberately chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose those who are powerless to shame those who are powerful."
* 1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:"
Note: We have the Power of God in us, but we must put it to the Test!
* David stood up to Goliath!
* Peter stepped out of the Boat!
* Abraham obeyed God in offering up his son Isaac!
* Moses led the Israelites into a Red Sea that had been Prepared for them to cross!
* Every great person of God had to step out in Faith to discover the Power of the Holy Spirit!
* The Holy Spirit is Waiting on You to Move!
God Can Use Anyone
David's armour didn't fit.
John Mark was rejected by Paul.
Timothy had ulcers.
Amos' only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.
Jacob was a liar.
David had an affair.
Solomon was too rich.
Abraham was too old.
David was too young.
Peter was afraid of death.
Lazarus was dead.
John was self-righteous.
Naomi was a widow.
Paul was a murderer.
So was Moses.
Jonah ran from God.
Miriam was a gossip.
Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
Jeremiah was a bullfrog;
Just kidding -- he was depressed and suicidal.
Elijah was burned out.
Martha was a worry-wart.
Mary may have been lazy.
Samson had long hair.
Noah got drunk, and that's not all.
Did I mention that Moses had a short fuse?
But God doesn't require a job interview.
He doesn't hire and fire like most bosses,
because He's more our Dad than our Boss.
He doesn't look at financial gain or loss.
He's not prejudiced or partial, not judging, grudging,
sassy, or brassy, not deaf to our cry, not blind to our need.
A Christian minister once said, "I was never of any use until I found out that God did not intend me to be a great man."
THE GREATEST AREAS OF NEED!
* Home / Marriage / Family / Church / Workplace / School / Our Country!
* We are no match against Satan without the Holy Spirit.
Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
God is Desiring to Shake some door posts this morning Somebody need to Listen up!
1In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
4And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
Someone here this morning needs a post to move for them! Let's just cut to the chase here. You did not come here this morning to have a routine. You need a post to move. You didn't come here seeking religion. You came to see, hear and feel a move of God because you know that is the only thing that's going to help.
Your king Uzziah died. You know you can't depend on him anymore. Your king Uzziah may have been your job. Your king Uzziah may have been the banker or doctor or attorney. The Isaiah time king Uzziah was one who was very much depended upon. He was known as a brilliant military ruler and inventor. He was wonderful, a genius for his time in all worldly endeavors.
But now he was out of the way and God was about to reveal his glory to Isaiah!
A door post was about to move!
And I got a feeling if we will raise our hands toward God right now and say we want to see God's glory he is going to do that!
Somebody here is going to see , feel and hear a door post move. Look to Someone and Say I am God's Last line of Defense
Some one is going to have that encounter with Jesus and in fact your whole life is going to move. The door post is about to do things in Jesus Christ that you never could expect or think!
My goodness the Glory of God is moving this church. I don't know what's going on every where else but this I do know a lot of door post have been moving around here lately!
Some one here today is in need of a prison door to be opened. The enemy has kept somebody in captivity ! This morning is your morning!
In the name of Jesus that prison door is going to open!
Acts 16:22-26 (King James Version)
22And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
23And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
24Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
25And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
26And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
Some one is about to be, If they will praise God , released from the prison of infirmity!
Some one if they will praise God, this is your midnight hour! Your going to walk out , your wounds will be bound up and your going forward in Jesus Christ! If that's you just come up here around this alter and praise the one who is worthy of our praise, Jesus Christ! I can preach around you! Somebody needs to declare that they are ready to see the glory of God this morning! That they are ready to see some door post move for the glory of God!
We cannot be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation!
Come on if you need to see the door post move in some area of your life then just get up and begin to walk around here saying Jesus.
Some of us need to see Family saved!
Some of us need healing!
Some of us our finances!
Some of us marriages!
Oh God, Fill this place this morning! Let your train fill each temple here!
Move upon us! Pour you spirit out upon us here this morning!
Mtthew 28:1-2 (King James Version)
1In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
2And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
Oh my goodness! I feel God in this!
This morning if you are here and not saved Jesus went to the cross. Jesus died and shed his blood for you. But it did not end there! God's glory was about to be revealed in his Son.
Something begin to shake!
Just like something is shaking in you right now.
The Spirit of the Lord is moving that stone from the door of your heart!
Only he can do it. No new wife or new girlfriend, no new job or a new pay check , no new drink or drug will be able to move the stone. Only Jesus Christ can do it!
God shook something, God moved something cause his Son was going to walk out of that tomb victorious over the grave.
Death could not hold him because he loved you so much!
Oh God is shaking something for you and if you will declare his holiness in your life through Jesus Christ he will move your door post.
Saints of God the door post move upon the cry of the Seraphims declaring the holiness of our God.
Let us do that right now as we lift our voices to him in that beautiful song that our praise and worship group does.. Holy , Holy , Holy Lord God All Mighty. Amen.
* I think all of us would have to agree that God has some people that have abilities that far exceed that of others.
* There is always the strongest point in everything! But I want us to focus our attention on the "Last Line of Defense" of Christianity today.
* If the last line of defense can be broken you are sure to defeat your opponent.
* In the New Testament, the Holy Spirit seals and indwells God's anointed people.